Brick & Stone Masonry Pros in Carrollton, TX.
Real estate in Texas can be quite expensive. The great majority of people who own homes did not buy the home the wanted. However, with just a few home improvement projects you can make it the home you dreamed of. That is why knowing a skilled Brick Masonry Repair Contractors contractor is ideal. If you call Omega Masonry for your next home improvement project you will see for your self why we are so well regarded by our clients. At Omega Masonry we know that when seeking for a Brick & Stone Mason contractor in Carrollton, Texas, you have choices. This is why we will do everything we can to earn your business.
Unlike many Stone Masonry Contractors in Carrollton, TX, Omega Masonry is a full service company facilitating desing and installation services. Aside from certification required to be a certified masonry contractors it is imperative to indicate that not all masons have the same experience this is why it is imperative to conduct thorough research before making a hiring decision. Our qualified masons are trained to work with a variety of materials, including natural rock and stone. If you are looking for a experienced masonry company for home improvement projects like brick mailbox repair to stone & brick patios and more give us a call! Let us show you why we are the top reviewed Brick & Stone Masonry Contractor in Richardson, TX. If you just just doing research take a visit some of our articles
Carrollton Brick & Stone Masonry Pros Blog Post
Watching Out for Potential Masonry Repairs in Texas
Your home is your retreat from dealing with the stressors of the workday. As such, you need it to be a safe haven. Unfortunately, that is not always the case – especially if your home is in need of repairs. In the Texas area a common architectural need is masonry repairs.
No one likes to think about needing structural repairs to their home, but they are often part of home ownership. However, by being diligent in home maintenance and taking time to do a basic inspection on a regular basis, you can note any small brick repairs, before they become large, expensive problems.
Common Signs of Needed Brick Repairs
While brick is an exterior siding choice that can last for centuries, it does present its own unique concerns. These concerns need not be deterrents for brick, but rather action items that can be repaired by a skilled masonry team.
- Absorption – Water being absorb by the brick. Strange as it might sound, brick is a sponge. Masonry professionals get around this problem by installing brick siding with an air gap between the brick and the wood wall. This approach is referred to as dry potential. However, if the home is older and there is brick that has been exposed to harsh weather, then there is a risk of water-damaged brick. If you aren’t sure of the condition of your brick siding, call in a professional.
- Mortar failure – This is caused when water seeps into the external, and eventually, the interior parts of the building. It can result in structural damage that not only requires restoration, but can be quite expensive if ignored for a long time. If you are unsure about the strength of the mortar, probe it with a screwdriver. If the mortar falls out like sand, then chances are, the mortar is old and needs to be replaced.
- Lintels – The lintel is the steel piece used above windows and doors to add support to the brick above these elements. When you inspect your Texas home watch for any cracking, corrosion, or displacement around the lintels. If you notice anything that seems out of place, have a professional come look at it.
- Cracks – Take time to look for any cracks in the foundation, chimney, brick stairs, or walls. What might seem like just a small crack can quickly become a problem, especially if any moisture seeps into the crack!
- Damaged Bricks – When bricks are not structurally sound, then they are not able to properly support the weight above them. These bricks need to be replaced.
These are just a few causes of brick repairs – especially in older Texas homes. These problems don’t have to mean demolition crew needs to be on standby. Rather, they are indicators of brick repairs that need to be done.
As a Texas homeowner, you know the importance of having a great looking inviting home, so dealing with brick repairs is something that should be addressed sooner rather than later. The team at Omega Masonry knows that you want your home to always look its best. So, whether you need a brick wall repaired or chimney replaced, give us a call today.
Additional Info from Brick & Stone Masonry Contractor in Carrollton, TX