Brick & Stone Masonry Pros in The Colony, TX.
Real estate in Texas is not necessarily cheap. A lot of people can’t afford the home they desire. However, with just a few home improvement you can make it the one you always wanted. So, knowing a skilled Brick & Stone Mason contractor is ideal. If you contact Omega Masonry for your next home improvement project you will find out why we are so well regarded by our clients. We know that when seeking for a Stone Masonry Contractors contractor in The Colony, TX. you have choices. For this reason we will do everything in our power to earn your business.
Unlike many Brick & Stone Mason in The Colony, TX, we are a full service firm providing everything from design to installation. Aside from certification required to be a certified masons it is important to indicate that not all masons posses the same skill set this is why it is imperative to conduct thorough research before making a hiring decision. At Omega Masonry we hire some of the best masons in the area. We also provide training so they can work with a variety of materials, including tiles made of terra cotta and stone. If you are looking for a skilled masonry company for home improvement projects like brick masonry to stucco work & repairs and more give us a call! Let us show you why we are the top rated Brick & Stone Masonry Contractor in Princeton, TX. If you just just doing research take a check out some of our articles
The Colony Brick & Stone Masonry Pros Blog Article
8 Reasons to Choose CMU Walls
Why should you opt for CMU walls for your next build? For many business owners in Texas there is no reason not to. After all, concrete masonry units (CMU) are one of the oldest and most reliable building materials available. They are typically made from products such as Portland cement, various aggregates like quartz or stones and water. They can be solid or hollow, and designed with either two or three voids, and come in a wide range of standard shapes. These basic features make CMU walls a popular choice for both business owners and homebuilders alike.
But, there is much more to this centuries old building material that makes it valuable to any construction project. As one writer put it, “Its past is still with us preserved in great wonders of the world. Its present is all around us, the buildings we admire as we travel around America and the world. Its future is limited only by the designer or constructor’s inability to consider a masonry perspective on a challenging assignment.”
As you can see, concrete is a prime candidate for any building project. If you are still trying to determine if CMU should be used for your next Texas building project, consider these advantages.
- Savings on Insurance Costs – Because masonry structures are the best fire resistant product available, and will not bend, melt or burn, most insurance providers will have lower premiums for structures made from brick. This is especially helpful for the business looking to expand, but wanting to save money.
- Minimal Maintenance Costs – A CMU structure requires very little maintenance because masonry does not rust, shatter, warp, dent, buckle, or rot. It typically will not require repainting or heavy cleaning processes.
- Durable – Unlike non-CMU walls, concrete can withstand a great deal of abuse. There have been instances of equipment, tractors, trees and other items hitting CMU walls and causing little to no damage to the structure.
- Quick Installation – Once the blueprints are confirmed and the building permit is granted, the construction can begin. In the event that footings need to be laid, then the CMU can begin next. No lag time, simply build time.
- Soundproof – Want to keep noise levels lower in your home or business? Then CMU walls are the answer.
- Pest Free – Unlike wood, siding, or other choices for construction, concrete structures are not at risk of pest infiltration as what animal or insect wants to eat rock!
- Insulated – Keep energy cost lower with CMU walls. The concrete is not affected by extreme Texas heat or wet and cold, and helps the temperature of your space stay consistent. It even blocks out the effects of the weather, so that your HVAC unit does not work as hard.
- Versatile – CMU walls may be viewed by some as unattractive; however, keep in mind that they can be painted, or if you wish, a variety of exterior siding choices can be added to dress the CMU up more or even hide it altogether.
CMU is a great choice for nearly any building need. It has stood the test of time and will be able to last for many years. No, it is not 100% impervious, and if hit with enough force can be damaged. But, under everyday usage, you can’t go wrong in opting for concrete walls. If you have questions regarding CMU for your TX build, talk to the pros at Omega Masonry today.
Additional Info from Brick & Stone Masonry Contractor in Arlington, TX