Brick & Stone Masonry Contractors in Wylie, TX.
Real estate in Texas can be quite expensive. The great majority of people who own homes did not buy the home the wanted. However, with just a few improvements you can make it your dream home. So, knowing a skilled Masonry Contractors contractor is advantages. If you contact Omega Masonry for any type of home improvement project you will find out why we are so well regarded by our clients. At Omega Masonry we know that when searching for a Brick & Stone Masonry Contractors contractor in Wylie, TX. you have choices. This is why we will do everything we can to earn your business.
Unlike many Brick & Stone Masonry Contractors in Wylie, Texas, we are a full service company facilitating everything from design to installation. Aside from certification required to be a certified masons it is significant to point out that not all masonry contractors have the same experience this is why it is imperative to conduct thorough research before making a hiring decision. Our qualified masons are trained to work with a variety of materials, including natural rock and natural stone. If you are looking for a experienced mason for home improvement projects like outdoor fireplace & fire pits to stone & brick patios and more give us a call! Let us show you why we are the top rated Brick & Stone Masonry Contractor in Rockwall, TX. If you just simply looking for ideas take a check out some of our most recent blog post
Wylie Brick & Stone Masonry Pros Blog Post
5 Aspects of a Brick Home Inspection
Whether you decide to buy a home or are considering selling your home, then a home inspection is certain to be a part of your future. And while many people think of a brick house as virtually indestructible, there are still things that can happen to hurt its structural integrity. Consequently, if you are a prospective buyer or seller of a brick house, having a home inspection is a must.
As you venture into the real estate world, it is vital that you don’t go it alone. You need to work with a realtor who understands, and will point out and discrepancies or damage to the brick work of a home. If you find after an inspection that your home is in need of brick repair, give us a call. Our expertly trained masons will repair your home at a great price. To be sure that you truly know what elements of a brick home will be checked during a home inspection, here are some standard elements that will inspected. Knowing this will ensure that all elements are properly inspected.
Elements of the Brick Home Inspection
- With the inspection, any plants such as those that might climb up the brick work, will be pointed out. Consider removing any plants that might be inclined to “take root” on your house.
- If your house has weep holes – and many older brick homes will – then be sure to clean them out and remove anything that may plug them. The weep holes serve the purpose of allowing any moisture or rain that might have gotten behind the walls to escape.
- On some houses, you will see a white, salty deposit on the brick surface. This is known as efflorescence, and it can be removed with a stiff brush and water. Even though it is easily resolved, in a brick home inspection, efflorescence will be pointed out.
- Because mortar is less durable than brick, there are instances where it is necessary to do tuckpointing. This is when the mortar may begin to crumble and leave space between the bricks. When this occurs, water can seep between the exterior wall and your home’s interior wall. A prospective buyer will need to know if tuckpointing is on the To Do list.
- A brick home inspection will also include looking for evidence of spalling. It is sometimes the result of inferior materials, but is more likely to result from moisture or salt (effloresce).
Whether you are buying or selling, working with a Texas realtor and brick home inspector is a crucial step in the real estate process. After all, brick homes typically have a higher resale value – but only if they have been maintained – or you have taken the time to get any needed brick repair work done prior to placing your home on the market. If you, as brick home owner, want to ensure that your home is ready to go on the market, talk the Omega Masonry team. We look forward to hearing from you.
More Articles from Brick & Stone Masonry Contractor in McKinney, TX