With a rising GDA many individuals in Preston Hollow, TX., are looking forward to inproving the look of their homes. Around the Preston Hollow area stone mail boxes are very popular. The are so popular that several local Home Depots stores offer brick and stucco mail boxes repairs via sub masonry contractors. While a lot of these home improvement contractors do a good job, you wouldn’t go to a flight attendant for a golf lessons. When you are seeking an brick and or stone mail box repair expert you need to consider the work Omega Masonry has been doing around the area of Preston Hollow, Texas. There’s a lot more to a well build brick mail box than just brick and or stone. As the pros at Omega Masonry will tell you 50% of all the brick and stucco mail boxes repairs they do are because they original construction was of low quality. Yes, it is true that quite a few brick and or stone mail boxes in the area of Preston Hollow, TX, are damage by car accidents for the balance there’s no explanation. If you haven’t heard of OmegaMasonry.Com, please check out at our blog.
Benefits of Using Concrete for Your Next Architectural Project
Residential concrete is nothing new – it has been used for centuries and by nearly every culture. As such, it is no surprise that it is still in use today, and a common part of the Texas landscape. From stately residences to downtown businesses, concrete is a great choice for your architectural needs and one that any building project planner should consider.
6 Benefits of Using Concrete for Your Texas Building Project
There are many reasons one might choose to use concrete for a project, and even more reasons to use it in a building or home. If you are trying to decide if concrete is the best choice for your next project, consider these benefits.
- Energy Costs – Choosing to use concrete, or even other forms of masonry such as stucco or brick, means that you will spend less on energy costs. In fact, in some cases, homes with CMU walls can cost as much as 44% less to heat or cool than homes with siding or wood exteriors. This is due in part to concrete providing more insulation than other exterior choices.
- Comfort levels – As mentioned, concrete provides additional insulation for the home, which also means that outside noises are blocked better. In fact, one study found that concrete homes cut down on air filtration by nearly 75% over the levels in a typical frame house. It was also found that noise levels were reduced by more than 80% when compared to stick built homes.
- Pest Proof – The temperatures in Texas can make many different pests seek refuge in a building. However, homes built with concrete walls or foundations are not susceptible to pests such as termites, carpenter ants, or rodents that often make their home in wood-framed homes.
- Fire Resistant- Tests have shown that concrete can withstand temperatures of up to 2,000 degrees F. for as long as 4 hours, while wood-frame homes are destroyed in an hour or less. Because a concrete home is the safest type of home in regards to a fire, your insurance costs are lower.
- Maintenance – Everyone is busy, and having to add things like pressure wash the siding or repaint the house to the To Do list can be virtually eliminated by having concrete walls. Even better, because concrete doesn’t deteriorate, you don’t have to worry about replacing siding.
- Wind Resistant – Like the third house made of bricks in the fairy tale of the three little pigs, concrete homes cannot be knocked down with strong winds. In fact, studies have found that concrete homes can withstand wind speeds of up to 250 miles per hour.
So, what will your next Texas building project be? A new residence? A commercial location? Whatever it is, opting to use concrete is a great choice. If you have any questions about how the advantages of concrete can benefit your specific project, or if you want to schedule a consultation with a masonry pro, contact the pros at Omega Masonry today. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Stone Mail Box Repairs in Preston Hollow, Texas
- Brick Retainer Wall Repairs in Preston Hollow, Texas
- Stone Grills in Preston Hollow, Texas
- Brick And Or Stone Outdoor Kitchens in Preston Hollow, TX
- Brick And Or Stone BBQ in Preston Hollow, Texas
- Brick And Or Stone Fireplace in Preston Hollow, TX
- Brick And Or Stone Landscape Borders in Preston Hollow, Texas
- Chimney Repairs in Preston Hollow, TX
- Firepit Installation in Preston Hollow, Texas
- Stucco Mail Boxes in Preston Hollow, Texas