Those looking for a qualified brick mason in Lewisville, TX, you need to consider what Omega Masonry has to offer! For over 20 years the Omega staff have been the best option for homeowners seeking expert brick masonry work. If you look for craftman style masonry work in the Lewisville area you will discover that your options are extremely in today’s world brick layers are hard to find.
Homes throughout are known for their durability, there are a lot of reasons for that. However, the primary reason is the brick masonry contruction. When you visit Europe, make sure to tap on the walls. Every single one that I have checked out has been solid brick mansory! No hollow sound. They use so much more masonry across the Atlantic than we do here in USA. Brick masonry makes for considerably, sound-resistant and more durable. While there are definitely situations where non-masonry building materials are better when possible masonry is a better choice.
Watching Out for Potential Masonry Repairs in Texas
Your home is your retreat from dealing with the stressors of the workday. As such, you need it to be a safe haven. Unfortunately, that is not always the case – especially if your home is in need of repairs. In the Texas area a common architectural need is masonry repairs.
No one likes to think about needing structural repairs to their home, but they are often part of home ownership. However, by being diligent in home maintenance and taking time to do a basic inspection on a regular basis, you can note any small brick repairs, before they become large, expensive problems.
Common Signs of Needed Brick Repairs
While brick is an exterior siding choice that can last for centuries, it does present its own unique concerns. These concerns need not be deterrents for brick, but rather action items that can be repaired by a skilled masonry team.
- Absorption – Water being absorb by the brick. Strange as it might sound, brick is a sponge. Masonry professionals get around this problem by installing brick siding with an air gap between the brick and the wood wall. This approach is referred to as dry potential. However, if the home is older and there is brick that has been exposed to harsh weather, then there is a risk of water-damaged brick. If you aren’t sure of the condition of your brick siding, call in a professional.
- Mortar failure – This is caused when water seeps into the external, and eventually, the interior parts of the building. It can result in structural damage that not only requires restoration, but can be quite expensive if ignored for a long time. If you are unsure about the strength of the mortar, probe it with a screwdriver. If the mortar falls out like sand, then chances are, the mortar is old and needs to be replaced.
- Lintels – The lintel is the steel piece used above windows and doors to add support to the brick above these elements. When you inspect your Texas home watch for any cracking, corrosion, or displacement around the lintels. If you notice anything that seems out of place, have a professional come look at it.
- Cracks – Take time to look for any cracks in the foundation, chimney, brick stairs, or walls. What might seem like just a small crack can quickly become a problem, especially if any moisture seeps into the crack!
- Damaged Bricks – When bricks are not structurally sound, then they are not able to properly support the weight above them. These bricks need to be replaced.
These are just a few causes of brick repairs – especially in older Texas homes. These problems don’t have to mean demolition crew needs to be on standby. Rather, they are indicators of brick repairs that need to be done.
As a Texas homeowner, you know the importance of having a great looking inviting home, so dealing with brick repairs is something that should be addressed sooner rather than later. The team at Omega Masonry knows that you want your home to always look its best. So, whether you need a brick wall repaired or chimney replaced, give us a call today.
List of Brick Masons in Lewisville, TX.
- Brick Mason in Addison, TX.
- Brick Mason in Allen, TX.
- Brick Mason in Anna, TX.
- Brick Mason in Arlington, TX.
- Brick Mason in Balch Springs, TX.
- Brick Mason in Carrollton, TX.
- Brick Mason in Celina Little Elm, TX.
- Brick Mason in Collin County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Coppell, TX.
- Brick Mason in Dallas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Dallas County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Denton County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Fairview, TX.
- Brick Mason in Flower Mound, TX.
- Brick Mason in Frisco, TX.
- Brick Mason in Highland Park, TX.
- Brick Mason in Highland Village, TX.
- Brick Mason in Irving, TX.
- Brick Mason in Las Colinas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Lewisville, TX.
- Brick Mason in Little Elm, TX.
- Brick Mason in Lucas, TX.
- Brick Mason in McKinney, TX.
- Brick Mason in Melissa, TX.
- Brick Mason in Mesquite, TX.
- Brick Mason in Murphy, TX.
- Brick Mason in Parker, TX.
- Brick Mason in Plano, TX.
- Brick Mason in Preston Hollow, TX.
- Brick Mason in Princeton, TX.
- Brick Mason in Prosper, TX.
- Brick Mason in Richardson, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rockwall, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rockwall County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rowlett, TX.
- Brick Mason in Tarrant County, TX.
- Brick Mason in The Colony, TX.
- Brick Mason in Wylie, TX.