When looking for a brick mason in Lucas, TX, you need to take a look what Omega Masonry has to offer! For over twenty years the Omega staff have been the go to choice for anyone looking custom brick masonry work. If you Google for craftman style masonry work in the Lucas area you will discover that your choices are very in today’s world brick layers are hard to find.
Homes in are known for their durability, there are a lot of reasons for that. However, the main reason is the brick masonry contruction. If you ever go to Europe, be sure to knock on some interiorinterior walls. Every single one that I have checked out has been solid brick mansory! No hollow sound. Than is because brick masonry is a lot more popular in Europe that in the US.. Masonry makes for considerably, quieter and more durable. While there are certainly situations where non-masonry building materials are better when possible stone masonry is a better choice.
Repairing Brick Retaining Walls
In Texas, retaining walls are a common feature for many homes and businesses. They are used to keep soil that is sloped and elevated from collapsing like a landslide. Consequently, retaining walls must be designed to be able to withstand a great deal of pressure from both the elements and the ground itself. This pressure can cause brick retaining walls to occasionally become damaged or weakened, thus requiring repair by a Texas masonry professional. If you find yourself in need of brick retaining wall repair, you have come to the right place. Our trusted Texas masonry team offers excellent services to meet all of your repair needs.
When a retaining wall is correctly built, there is typically brick only on the face of the wall, then beneath the brick a mason will pour concrete or use reinforced block. Because of the amount of pressure that a Texas retaining wall must endure, it can develop small cracks that can be easy to correct, as well as much larger cracks and even bulging of the wall.
What causes cracked or damaged brick retaining walls?
One of the biggest causes of retaining wall damage is moisture. As the soil becomes saturated, the brick and concrete will expand and the wall begins to buckle and crack. If there is no supporting wall or footer, then the cracking can be extensive. However, surface cracks can also be the result of poor installation of the original retaining wall, from a builder using the wrong mortar consistency or from using bricks that were exceptionally porous.
How can you tell how bad the damage is to your brick retaining wall?
When you notice that your brick retaining wall is damaged, then it is helpful to asses just how much work will be needed to repair it. You can do this by checking for missing or cracked bricks, as well as bricks that have chunks missing in them. Another indicator will be loose mortar, which if left unrepaired will fall out of the wall.
Can a retaining wall be designed to minimize damage or deteriorating?
Yes. This can be done by building the wall with drainage built into the wall, through ensuring that the wall’s foundation is sturdy and balanced, and by paying special attention to the types of materials used in building the foundation. Also of importance is ensuring that a new course of blocks or stones are used to backfill the space between the soil behind the wall. It is these elements of a Texas retaining wall that make it important that your wall be built by a professional, and not as a DIY project.
Retaining walls for your Texas home or office are a great way to ensure that the landscape plan you want is maintained and always looks its best. So, rather than attempting on your own to build a retaining wall that meets the needed requirements, talk to the pros at Omega Masonry today and be on your way to a better wall.
List of Brick Masons in Lucas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Addison, TX.
- Brick Mason in Allen, TX.
- Brick Mason in Anna, TX.
- Brick Mason in Arlington, TX.
- Brick Mason in Balch Springs, TX.
- Brick Mason in Carrollton, TX.
- Brick Mason in Celina Little Elm, TX.
- Brick Mason in Collin County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Coppell, TX.
- Brick Mason in Dallas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Dallas County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Denton County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Fairview, TX.
- Brick Mason in Flower Mound, TX.
- Brick Mason in Frisco, TX.
- Brick Mason in Highland Park, TX.
- Brick Mason in Highland Village, TX.
- Brick Mason in Irving, TX.
- Brick Mason in Las Colinas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Lewisville, TX.
- Brick Mason in Little Elm, TX.
- Brick Mason in Lucas, TX.
- Brick Mason in McKinney, TX.
- Brick Mason in Melissa, TX.
- Brick Mason in Mesquite, TX.
- Brick Mason in Murphy, TX.
- Brick Mason in Parker, TX.
- Brick Mason in Plano, TX.
- Brick Mason in Preston Hollow, TX.
- Brick Mason in Princeton, TX.
- Brick Mason in Prosper, TX.
- Brick Mason in Richardson, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rockwall, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rockwall County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rowlett, TX.
- Brick Mason in Tarrant County, TX.
- Brick Mason in The Colony, TX.
- Brick Mason in Wylie, TX.