New homeowners looking for a great brick mason in Parker, TX, you need to take a look what Omega Masonry has to offer! For over twenty years the Omega crew have been the best option for everyone looking custom brick masonry work. If you Google for craftman style masonry work in the Parker area you will discover that your options are very nowadays brick layers are hard to find.
Homes in are known for their longevity, there are many of reasons for this. However, the main reason is the brick masonry contruction. When you visit Europe, make sure to tap on the walls. Every single one that I have checked out has been solid masonry! No hollow sounding. They use so much more masonry across the Atlantic than we do here in USA. Brick masonry makes for substantial, sound-resistant and more durable. While there certainly are situations where other building materials are better when possible brick masonry is a better choice.
How to Know If Your Masonry Needs Tuckpointing
Tuckpointing, sometimes referred to as repointing, is the process of repairing the mortar joints in stone or brick masonry walls by grinding or raking out old mortar then filling in the space with new mortar. In Texas –as well as surrounding areas- tuckpointing is often needed to update older homes or in situations where significant water damage has caused deterioration. It can be a labor-intensive job, so should not be approached by the novice homeowner, but instead done by a professional masonry team like Omega. You can trust our masonry team with all of your tuckpointing repair needs.
For many people, the need to repoint their masonry comes as a surprise, because they believe that brick never needs maintenance. And, while brick generally does not require ongoing work, the mortar occasionally requires updating. But how do you know if tuckpointing is needed for your home or office? The easiest way to determine if repointing is needed is by taking a key or screwdriver and dragging it across the mortar joint. If it scratches up powdered material, then you know you’re a candidate for tuckpointing. If the masonry is still good, it should not be able to be scratched at all.
Signs that Repointing is needed for Your Texas Home
For most homes, you can go as many as 5 –in some cases 10- decades without needed to repoint, so if you have lived in the same location for many years or have purchased an older home, then you should periodically walk the perimeter of your home and look for the following indicators that suggest you need repair:
- Weathered or flakey mortar can be a sign of deteriorating integrity in the masonry.
- Cracked or missing mortar is a definite sign and re-pointing would definitely be recommended
- Mismatched coloring in the mortar. This is a sign of an inappropriate re-pointing done in the past and the integrity is hard to tell on face value. Re-pointing can be done as a precaution.
Should you discover that your home’s exterior masonry needs repointing work done, do not put it off indefinitely! When mortar has been compromised – typically due to age or because of excessive water or moisture – it will cause the brick and the mortar to expand and contract with the heat, and ultimately cause structural problems. Worse, should the repointing be needed in your Texas home’s chimney, you could find yourself dealing with issues such as a rusted damper, deteriorating metal, and rotting wood. Of course, another reason to do repointing work sooner rather than later is because the problem will only get worse, and ultimately cost more to repair later down the road.
When your Texas home’s exterior needs repointing, do not put it off– it will only get worse. Contact Omega Masonry to schedule a consultation and learn what steps need to be taken to get your home back in great shape. We are here to help your home always look its best.
List of Brick Masons in Parker, TX.
- Brick Mason in Addison, TX.
- Brick Mason in Allen, TX.
- Brick Mason in Anna, TX.
- Brick Mason in Arlington, TX.
- Brick Mason in Balch Springs, TX.
- Brick Mason in Carrollton, TX.
- Brick Mason in Celina Little Elm, TX.
- Brick Mason in Collin County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Coppell, TX.
- Brick Mason in Dallas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Dallas County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Denton County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Fairview, TX.
- Brick Mason in Flower Mound, TX.
- Brick Mason in Frisco, TX.
- Brick Mason in Highland Park, TX.
- Brick Mason in Highland Village, TX.
- Brick Mason in Irving, TX.
- Brick Mason in Las Colinas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Lewisville, TX.
- Brick Mason in Little Elm, TX.
- Brick Mason in Lucas, TX.
- Brick Mason in McKinney, TX.
- Brick Mason in Melissa, TX.
- Brick Mason in Mesquite, TX.
- Brick Mason in Murphy, TX.
- Brick Mason in Parker, TX.
- Brick Mason in Plano, TX.
- Brick Mason in Preston Hollow, TX.
- Brick Mason in Princeton, TX.
- Brick Mason in Prosper, TX.
- Brick Mason in Richardson, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rockwall, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rockwall County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rowlett, TX.
- Brick Mason in Tarrant County, TX.
- Brick Mason in The Colony, TX.
- Brick Mason in Wylie, TX.