The quality of chimney masonry work in Carrollton is well documented. After some time all of these chimney masonry work needs maintenance and repaiers. Omega Masonry is a licensed and insured expert specializing in chimney masonry repairs not only in Carrollton but also neighboring towns and suburbs. Nowadays there are not a lot of contractors doingspecializing} in chimney masonry work. This type of work is consider old world craftsmanship not found in today’s automated world.
To be honest, today it is becoming more and more difficult to find a expert mason in Carrollton, Texas! We know masonry and can provide you with an array expert masons whose expertise ranges from Mailbox Repair to Chimney Repair and everything in between. Yes, there are a lot of masonry outfits in Carrollton, Texas but a great number of them are just into pouring sidewalks. Very few if any can match the workmanship the Omega team offers you!
Texas Chimney Repairs and Water Penetration
There is something quite majestic about a brick fireplace and the warmth – both physically and aesthetically- that it provides to a home. They offer a nostalgic, cozy charm to any home and can last for years. However, this does not mean that a brick fireplace will last forever and never need any repair work done.
Think about it. The fireplace and chimney is one of the few elements of your home that take “abuse” from both within and without. Your brick fireplace receives damage from within as flames, soot, and smoke go up, and from outside as the chimney is prevailed upon by the elements of nature. This frequent bombardment makes it necessary to occasionally need repair work.
It should be noted that chimney repairs are generally not recommended as a DIY project, as they require special skills and tools to do it so that the repair(s) made match the original work, and ensure that the structural integrity of your chimney is not compromised. In the event that you have an older Texas home, it is even more vital that you hire a professional chimney repair team as older structures often used materials that are no longer common in today’s buildings.
Typically, masonry chimneys are built using materials such as concrete, mortar, stone, flue tile, steel, and cast iron in addition to the expected bricks and mortar. Consequently, the wise homeowner takes the time to periodically inspect for signs of damage such as cracking, spalling, loose bricks or any type of deterioration.
Perhaps one of the most common problems with brick chimneys is that of water penetration, as this can affect both the inside and outside of your home. Some common problems due to water penetration include:
- Chimney settlement
- Clogged clean out area
- Collapsed hearth support
- Cracked or deteriorated flue lining system
- Decayed exterior mortar
- Deteriorated central heating system
- Deteriorated metal or masonry firebox assemblies
- Rotting adjacent wood and ruined wall coverings
- Rusted damper assemblies
- Rusted fireplace accessories and glass doors
- Stained chimney exterior
- Tilted or collapsed chimney structure
- Water stained walls and ceiling
Each of these can be frustrating to deal with, and will often end up costing far more than the initial chimney repair would have.
As water can be so damaging to your chimney, it is important to talk to a chimney repair pro about waterproofing options. One such option is to install a cricket, which is designed to deflect water from the chimney – these are especially important on steep roofs. Another common approach to waterproofing your chimney is to have a chimney expert such as the Omega team to use a special product designed to prevent water from seeping inside, while still allowing the chimney to breathe. Both of these chimney repair options are great for ensuring your home’s chimney will last for years.
Chimney repairs can be kept to minimum with careful care, and by taking action the first time you notice that there is any sign of trouble. If you are uncertain as to the state of your chimney, talk to a masonry professional today. The Omega Masonry team is here to answer your questions and to see that your chimney is in prime working condition.
We are glad that you are here and look forward to serving you! As previously said Omega Masonry is a full-service custom masonry contractor especilizing in everything from outdoor fireplace and fire pits to stone landscape borders. Some of the best regarded local mason work for us. At Omega Masonry no job is too small or too big and we offer services to both commercial and residential clients. Masonry work is not like baking that you can just go back and do it again! This is why if you are looking for a professional chimney masonry repair contractor in Carrollton, Texas, you need to call Omega! We may not be the cheapest and what’s more important the best craftsmanship.
List of Masonry Services in Carrollton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Addison, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Allen, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Anna, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Arlington, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Balch Springs, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Carrollton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Celina Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Collin County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Coppell, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Dallas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Dallas County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Denton County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Fairview, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Flower Mound, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Frisco, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Highland Park, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Highland Village, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Irving, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Las Colinas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Lewisville, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Lucas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in McKinney, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Melissa, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Mesquite, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Murphy, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Parker, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Plano, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Preston Hollow, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Princeton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Prosper, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Richardson, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rockwall, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rockwall County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rowlett, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Tarrant County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in The Colony, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Wylie, TX.