If we are going to be honest Las Colinas probably has some of the best chimney masonry work you will ever see. Even with the best of care all of these craftsmanship needs repairs. Omega Masonry is a licensed and insured company specializing in chimney masonry work and repairs not only in Las Colinas but also neighboring towns and suburbs. Today there are not a lot of companies still doingspecializing} in chimney masonry work. This type of work is consider by many old world craftsmanship not found in today’s modern world.
As a matter of fact, today it has become more laborious to find a expert mason in Las Colinas, Texas! We know masonry and can provide you with a wide range expert masons whose skill set ranges from Outdoor Fireplace & Fire Pits to Hardscapes Design and everything in between. Yes, there are several masonry companies in Las Colinas, Texas but the majority are just into pouring slabs. Very few if any can match the quality Omega Masonry delivers!
Texas Chimney Repairs and Water Penetration
There is something quite majestic about a brick fireplace and the warmth – both physically and aesthetically- that it provides to a home. They offer a nostalgic, cozy charm to any home and can last for years. However, this does not mean that a brick fireplace will last forever and never need any repair work done.
Think about it. The fireplace and chimney is one of the few elements of your home that take “abuse” from both within and without. Your brick fireplace receives damage from within as flames, soot, and smoke go up, and from outside as the chimney is prevailed upon by the elements of nature. This frequent bombardment makes it necessary to occasionally need repair work.
It should be noted that chimney repairs are generally not recommended as a DIY project, as they require special skills and tools to do it so that the repair(s) made match the original work, and ensure that the structural integrity of your chimney is not compromised. In the event that you have an older Texas home, it is even more vital that you hire a professional chimney repair team as older structures often used materials that are no longer common in today’s buildings.
Typically, masonry chimneys are built using materials such as concrete, mortar, stone, flue tile, steel, and cast iron in addition to the expected bricks and mortar. Consequently, the wise homeowner takes the time to periodically inspect for signs of damage such as cracking, spalling, loose bricks or any type of deterioration.
Perhaps one of the most common problems with brick chimneys is that of water penetration, as this can affect both the inside and outside of your home. Some common problems due to water penetration include:
- Chimney settlement
- Clogged clean out area
- Collapsed hearth support
- Cracked or deteriorated flue lining system
- Decayed exterior mortar
- Deteriorated central heating system
- Deteriorated metal or masonry firebox assemblies
- Rotting adjacent wood and ruined wall coverings
- Rusted damper assemblies
- Rusted fireplace accessories and glass doors
- Stained chimney exterior
- Tilted or collapsed chimney structure
- Water stained walls and ceiling
Each of these can be frustrating to deal with, and will often end up costing far more than the initial chimney repair would have.
As water can be so damaging to your chimney, it is important to talk to a chimney repair pro about waterproofing options. One such option is to install a cricket, which is designed to deflect water from the chimney – these are especially important on steep roofs. Another common approach to waterproofing your chimney is to have a chimney expert such as the Omega team to use a special product designed to prevent water from seeping inside, while still allowing the chimney to breathe. Both of these chimney repair options are great for ensuring your home’s chimney will last for years.
Chimney repairs can be kept to minimum with careful care, and by taking action the first time you notice that there is any sign of trouble. If you are uncertain as to the state of your chimney, talk to a masonry professional today. The Omega Masonry team is here to answer your questions and to see that your chimney is in prime working condition.
We are honor and thank you for visiting our site and look forward to helping you! As previously said Omega Masonry is a full-service mason outfit especilizing in everything from outdoor fireplace and fire pits to brick masonry. Some of the top rated local mason work for us. At Omega no job is too small or too big and we provide services to both residential and commercial customers. Masonry work is not like gardening that you can just go back and do it again! This is why if you are seeking for an expert chimney masonry repair contractor in Las Colinas, Texas, you need to call Omega Masonry! We are not going to con you with a cheap price and what’s more important the best craftsmanship.
List of Masonry Services in Las Colinas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Addison, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Allen, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Anna, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Arlington, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Balch Springs, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Carrollton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Celina Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Collin County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Coppell, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Dallas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Dallas County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Denton County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Fairview, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Flower Mound, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Frisco, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Highland Park, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Highland Village, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Irving, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Las Colinas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Lewisville, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Lucas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in McKinney, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Melissa, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Mesquite, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Murphy, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Parker, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Plano, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Preston Hollow, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Princeton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Prosper, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Richardson, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rockwall, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rockwall County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rowlett, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Tarrant County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in The Colony, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Wylie, TX.