If you are looking a example sand ideas for chimney masonry work you need to visit Little Elm, Texas. Soon or later all of these craftsmanship needs maintenance and repaiers. Omega Masonry is a licensed and insured expert specializing in chimney masonry work and repairs not only in Little Elm but also neighboring towns and suburbs. Nowadays there are not many contractors still doingspecializing} in chimney masonry work. The trade is consider by many old world craftsmanship no longer found in today’s high tech world.
To be honest, today it has become more and more difficult to find a good mason in Little Elm, Texas! We know masonry and can provide you with an array professional masons whose expertise ranges from Outdoor Grills & BBQ Pits to Stone Landscape Borders and everything in between. Yes, there are an abuidnace of masonry contractors in Little Elm, Texas but just about all of them are just into pouring slabs. Few if any can match the quality Omega Masonry delivers!
Brick Repair or Rebuild: That is the Question
As you drive through many neighborhoods in the regions of Texas, you will see many homes and businesses that chose to use brick. And why not? Brick is one of the most durable exterior choices available – and has been for many years. However, being durable does not mean it never needs to be replaced – just that it requires considerably less maintenance and can withstand a great deal of force.
However, there is sure to come a time – especially if you own an older home or business – when the brickwork may need to be repaired or perhaps removed and subsequently rebuilt. But how do you know what choice is best? In many cases, a seasoned mason can use tuck pointing to make the majority of brick repairs, but will need to see the damage in order to determine whether rebuilding or repairing will be best.
However, when the decision is made to repair masonry then it is important to talk to the mason and establish how the project will be approached. Some aspects to confirm include:
Mortar– Will the replacement mortar used be compatible with the remaining mortar? If it is not, then it can cause irreversible problems. If you want to ensure that the mason is telling you the right thing, consider having at least three masons look at the job and ask them what type of mortar they will be using. Obviously, their answers should match. Just a note – for historic locations or older buildings they should be using a mortar that has more lime in it as this allows the mortar to breathe.
Color – When brick repair is done to your Texas area property, you want it to match the existing color of your mortar, rather than have the repair stand out from the wall or chimney. This is often done through treatments, sometimes referred to as skins, such as color wash, penciling, the use of stucco, or lime wash. These treatments, while decorative, serve to protect the masonry, as well as aid in repairing it.
Joints – In many cases, brick repairs are needed because the mortar joint was done improperly at the time of the building. Quite often, this is corrected through repointing the wall.
Missing Bricks – If you have recently acquired an older property where there is brickwork, you will want to preserve the masonry as much as possible, rather than knocking it down and starting over. Quite often, older bricks can be found at architectural salvage companies that reclaim bricks from demolished historic structures. If this is not possible, there are companies that specialize in hand made bricks that mimic the look of antique bricks’ colors, faces, creases and corners so that matching new with old is accomplished.
So, should you knock over old brick and start again? Not unless there is no other alternative. A masonry team skilled in historic brick repair can make your place look great again.
The Omega Masonry team is happy to help you determine what to do about brick repairs. Our team is skilled in matching mortars, colors, mortar joints and more so that you can keep the integrity and style of your property. Give us a call, if you are in need of Texas masonry repairs. We are here to help.
We are glad that you are here and look forward to serving you! As previously mentioned Omega is a full-service custom masonry outfit especilizing in everything from built in grills and outdoor kitchen to hardscapes design. Some of the best local mason work for us. At Omega Masonry no job is too small or too big and we provide services to both commercial and residential customers. Masonry work is not like manicures that you can just disregard it and do it again! This is why if you are searching for a professional chimney masonry repair contractor in Little Elm, Texas, you need to call Omega! We will never fool you with a low price and what is imperative the best workmanship.
List of Masonry Services in Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Addison, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Allen, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Anna, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Arlington, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Balch Springs, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Carrollton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Celina Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Collin County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Coppell, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Dallas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Dallas County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Denton County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Fairview, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Flower Mound, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Frisco, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Highland Park, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Highland Village, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Irving, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Las Colinas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Lewisville, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Lucas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in McKinney, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Melissa, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Mesquite, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Murphy, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Parker, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Plano, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Preston Hollow, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Princeton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Prosper, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Richardson, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rockwall, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rockwall County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rowlett, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Tarrant County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in The Colony, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Wylie, TX.