The quality of chimney masonry work in McKinney is well documented. Soon or later all of these chimney masonry work needs repairs. Omega Masonry is a licensed and insured contractor specializing in chimney masonry work not only in McKinney but also neighboring towns and suburbs. Today there are not a lot of companies still doingspecializing} in chimney masonry work. This type of work is consider old style craftsmanship not found in today’s automated world.
With all honesty, nowadays it has become more laborious to find a expert mason in McKinney, Texas! We know masonry and can provide you with an array professional masons whose expertise ranges from Mailbox Repair to Brick Masonry and everything in between. Yes, there are several masonry companies in McKinney, Texas but a great number of them are just into casting slabs. Very few if any can match the craftsmanship the Omega team offers you!
How to Know If Your Masonry Needs Tuckpointing
Tuckpointing, sometimes referred to as repointing, is the process of repairing the mortar joints in stone or brick masonry walls by grinding or raking out old mortar then filling in the space with new mortar. In Texas –as well as surrounding areas- tuckpointing is often needed to update older homes or in situations where significant water damage has caused deterioration. It can be a labor-intensive job, so should not be approached by the novice homeowner, but instead done by a professional masonry team like Omega. You can trust our masonry team with all of your tuckpointing repair needs.
For many people, the need to repoint their masonry comes as a surprise, because they believe that brick never needs maintenance. And, while brick generally does not require ongoing work, the mortar occasionally requires updating. But how do you know if tuckpointing is needed for your home or office? The easiest way to determine if repointing is needed is by taking a key or screwdriver and dragging it across the mortar joint. If it scratches up powdered material, then you know you’re a candidate for tuckpointing. If the masonry is still good, it should not be able to be scratched at all.
Signs that Repointing is needed for Your Texas Home
For most homes, you can go as many as 5 –in some cases 10- decades without needed to repoint, so if you have lived in the same location for many years or have purchased an older home, then you should periodically walk the perimeter of your home and look for the following indicators that suggest you need repair:
- Weathered or flakey mortar can be a sign of deteriorating integrity in the masonry.
- Cracked or missing mortar is a definite sign and re-pointing would definitely be recommended
- Mismatched coloring in the mortar. This is a sign of an inappropriate re-pointing done in the past and the integrity is hard to tell on face value. Re-pointing can be done as a precaution.
Should you discover that your home’s exterior masonry needs repointing work done, do not put it off indefinitely! When mortar has been compromised – typically due to age or because of excessive water or moisture – it will cause the brick and the mortar to expand and contract with the heat, and ultimately cause structural problems. Worse, should the repointing be needed in your Texas home’s chimney, you could find yourself dealing with issues such as a rusted damper, deteriorating metal, and rotting wood. Of course, another reason to do repointing work sooner rather than later is because the problem will only get worse, and ultimately cost more to repair later down the road.
When your Texas home’s exterior needs repointing, do not put it off– it will only get worse. Contact Omega Masonry to schedule a consultation and learn what steps need to be taken to get your home back in great shape. We are here to help your home always look its best.
We welcome you to our website and look forward to serving you! As previously said Omega Masonry is a full-service custom masonry firm especilizing in everything from stucco mailbox repairs to hardscapes design. Some of the best regarded local mason work for us. At Omega Masonry no job is too small or too big and we provide services to both residential and commercial clients. Masonry work is not like gardening that you can just trash it and do it again! That is why if you are looking for a professional chimney masonry repair outfit in McKinney, Texas, you need to call Omega Masonry! We are not going to con you with a cheap price and what’s more important the best craftsmanship.
List of Masonry Services in McKinney, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Addison, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Allen, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Anna, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Arlington, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Balch Springs, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Carrollton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Celina Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Collin County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Coppell, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Dallas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Dallas County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Denton County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Fairview, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Flower Mound, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Frisco, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Highland Park, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Highland Village, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Irving, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Las Colinas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Lewisville, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Little Elm, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Lucas, TX.
- Chimney Repair in McKinney, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Melissa, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Mesquite, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Murphy, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Parker, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Plano, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Preston Hollow, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Princeton, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Prosper, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Richardson, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rockwall, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rockwall County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Rowlett, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Tarrant County, TX.
- Chimney Repair in The Colony, TX.
- Chimney Repair in Wylie, TX.