Searching for a good brick mason, visit Omega Masonry! People who seek quality known that for long-lasting results stone masonry is the way to go!
Houses in are known for their durability, there are many of reasons for that. However, the main reason is the brick masonry contruction. If you visit the UK, France and or Spain, be sure to tap on some interiorinterior walls. Every single one that I’ve checked out has been solid brick mansory! No hollow sound. Than is because brick masonry is a lot more popular in Europe that in the US.. Masonry makes for substantial, quieter and long-lasting results. While there certainly are situations where non-masonry building materials are better when possible stone masonry is a better choice.
It is no secret that when you are seeking a brick mason in Rockwall County, TX, you have a variety of choices that is why everyone from Goolge to Yelp recommends that you do a background check on the company you are hiring.
When hiring a masonry company . Ask your mason to provide some examples of his work and find out if he has ever completed any projects that are similar to yours. When you hire Omega Masonry, you can be sure that you are hiring an top rated brick mason with excellent reviews and more than twenty years of experience in the Rockwall County area.
Keeping Brick Repairs to a Minimum
While brick is a material that can last for decades, it is not a “use it and forget it” material for your Texas home. Thankfully, though, it does not require large amount of maintenance time to ensure the brick repairs are kept at bay. By employing some simple upkeep tasks, you can keep your brick repairs to a minimum and have a great looking location for years.
Brick is considered by many to be the best exterior siding choice for many reasons – energy efficiency, resale value, versatility, and aesthetics, being just a few. But beyond those benefits, maintenance for brick siding is relatively simple and can be done by anyone.
Minimizing Brick Repairs through Maintenance
Like any home siding, brick needs to be cleaned. At least once a year, use a garden hose with a spray nozzle to remove any loose dirt. If a portion of your home is shaded and thus gets little sunlight, or has nearby vegetation that is damp, then you need to be on the lookout for moss, mold, or mildew. If you note any of these, they can be removed by using a scrub brush (be sure it is not one with steel in it!) and a mixture of one cup of bleach to one gallon of water.
If you have a newer brick home, you may also choose to have the brick cleaned using sandblasting, as it is great for all hard burned, non-glazed, smooth, or textured brick. Included in this category of bricks are reds, buffs, whites, grays, chocolates, etc. However, do not use sandblasting for lightly sanded, coated, slurry, or sandbox brick as the brick can be permanently damaged.
Be sure to take a few minutes each spring to inspect specific areas for any damage. These areas include chimneys, steps, walkways, and mailboxes that are constantly exposed to the elements. If you note any discoloration, loose masonry, spalling, or chipped/broken bricks, you should call Omega Masonry to schedule a visit.
If you have not had your brick exterior sealed using a silane based or siloxane based sealer within the past 5 years, then you should talk to a masonry pro to do this. A sealer will prevent moisture related problems such as staining, cracking and spalling.
As you inspect the exterior of your brick location, look for any plants that may be trying to take root. While it may look beautiful, if vines work their way into the brick walls it can cause cracks in the mortar.
These simple maintenance steps will go a long way towards minimizing brick repairs and keeping your home or business looking its best. After all, brick repairs don’t have to be a part of your schedule – it’s merely a matter of simple maintenance.
However, when you do need to have brick repairs made, don’t put them off! Take time to schedule a visit with Omega Masonry and find out how your brick exterior can look like new in no time at all. Give us a call today.
- Brick Mason in Addison, TX.
- Brick Mason in Allen, TX.
- Brick Mason in Anna, TX.
- Brick Mason in Arlington, TX.
- Brick Mason in Balch Springs, TX.
- Brick Mason in Carrollton, TX.
- Brick Mason in Celina Little Elm, TX.
- Brick Mason in Collin County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Coppell, TX.
- Brick Mason in Dallas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Dallas County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Denton County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Fairview, TX.
- Brick Mason in Flower Mound, TX.
- Brick Mason in Frisco, TX.
- Brick Mason in Highland Park, TX.
- Brick Mason in Highland Village, TX.
- Brick Mason in Irving, TX.
- Brick Mason in Las Colinas, TX.
- Brick Mason in Lewisville, TX.
- Brick Mason in Little Elm, TX.
- Brick Mason in Lucas, TX.
- Brick Mason in McKinney, TX.
- Brick Mason in Melissa, TX.
- Brick Mason in Mesquite, TX.
- Brick Mason in Murphy, TX.
- Brick Mason in Parker, TX.
- Brick Mason in Plano, TX.
- Brick Mason in Preston Hollow, TX.
- Brick Mason in Princeton, TX.
- Brick Mason in Prosper, TX.
- Brick Mason in Richardson, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rockwall, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rockwall County, TX.
- Brick Mason in Rowlett, TX.
- Brick Mason in Tarrant County, TX.
- Brick Mason in The Colony, TX.
- Brick Mason in Wylie, TX.