There are many homes throughout Addison, Texas with truly beautiful fireplaces and chimneys. Even though, Addison can be quite hot almost year around Texans love their fireplaces and chimneys and prefer those with high craftsmanship specially the ones made with natural stone. As with everything in your life, chimneys need maintenance and repairs. At Omega Masonry this is what we do! We have been doing chimneys repairs and builds for many years. But, over the last ten years of so we have specialized in delivering the best brick and stone chimney maintenance and repairs you can find in Addison, Texas. If quality is what you expect call the experts at Omega. After all, you wouldn’t want a rookie fixing on your chimney?
If you are looking for an average fireplace repair contractor in Addison, TX, you can go to Google and get one of several listings with less than stellar qualifications maintaining and repairing brick fireplaces or you can call Omega Masonry to get the job done right! Unlike a lot of other masonry type jobs maintaining brick or stone chimneys requires craftmenship you just cannot learn on YouTube. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master journeyman and improved over many years. When you hire us you are hiring a master masonry company with extensive experience in maintaining and repairing brick or stone chimneys. If you only knew, the number of times we get call to a property because the owner is not satisfied with the finish work and in some the work wasn’t completed. Nowadays homeowners have become too reliant on Angie’s List as a source of information. More often than no it is a good idea! However when searching for expert mason to repair your natural stone fireplace and or chimney it litter bit of extra research may be prudent in order to identify the firm with the best workmanship. With that said, we look forward renovating your fireplace and or chimney. On the other hand if you are just looking for information for a fireplace restoration project take a look our blog.
Types of Chimney Repairs in Texas
While not every home or business location in the Texas area is built out of brick, many of them do have brick chimneys or fireplaces. And while these decorative, yet functional design elements might not require a large amount of yearly maintenance, they are not design elements that should be ignored. In fact, if chimney maintenance is overlooked, you will eventually find yourself dealing with sometimes rather extensive chimney repairs such as loose bricks, leaning or water seeping into the structure of your home.
Many times the chimney is overlooked when one is making a To Do list of annual jobs that need to be done. After all, we often relegate the chimney to being a passive aspect of a space, and yet it is expected to work properly without any care being given to ensure it will. However, the masonry chimney is a deceptively complex part of a location, with brick mortar, concrete, flue tile, steel, and even cast iron comprising it. Each of these elements can be adversely affected by direct contact with water or water penetration.
Common Chimney Repairs in Texas Due to Water Penetration
Because of water penetration, chimney repairs can be quite extensive and cause a variety of problems like:
- Damage chimney and fireplace elements – From rust doors on the fireplace unit to damaged glass and linings, this water caused chimney repair can take many forms.
- Rotting adjacent wood and ruined wall coverings – Will require additional work beyond chimney repairs.
- Water stained walls and ceiling –These are often indicative of more problematic concerns that can affect the whole structure of the home.
- Clogged clean out area – This can usually be corrected easily and then steps are taken to minimize risk of it occurring again.
- Decayed exterior mortar – Can be due to a flaw in the structural design. When there are cracks on the inside of the chimney, there is also the risk that smoke or even sparks will enter the living space of the home.
- Cracked or deteriorated flue lining system – Never a good thing, and one that typically requires the old piece to be removed and new ones added.
- Leaning or collapsed chimney structure – this is often the result of several problems and can cause many other concerns, such as the chimney totally pulling away from the home.
- Chimney settlement – This chimney repair is manifested through gaps at the fireplace box, hearth, or other components and if ignored, can become a fire hazard. It is recommended that one be cognizant of how much space is between the chimney and the wall of the home. Consider keeping a log of the amount of space – simply measure the distance at least once a year and write it down so you can tell if it has shifted any. If it has, then talk to a Texas mason such as Omega Masonry.
While this list can seem a bit daunting, don’t let the fear of chimney repairs keep you from deciding to have a chimney included in the building of a new home, or keep you from purchasing a home that has a chimney. Each of the problems can be corrected – though it is highly recommended that you don’t delay in having any chimney repairs made as soon as suspect them!
Chimney repairs are part of life, but they don’t have to be extreme problems. By paying attention to the mortar, bricks, and elements of your fireplace, you can minimize the need for chimney repairs. If you have any questions, give the Omega team a call today.
When seeking for a fireplace and or chimney repair contractor in Addison, Texas, we understand you have choices. All we ask is that before you commit to any one company give Omega Masonry a chance to show you what we can do. We also need you to know that, we are a full service masonry contractor offering an array of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Addison, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Addison, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Addison, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Addison, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Addison, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Addison, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Addison, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Addison, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Addison, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Addison, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Addison, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Addison, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Addison, TX.