There are many homes throughout Balch Springs, Texas with truly beautiful fireplaces and chimneys. Although, Balch Springs can be quite hot in the summer Texans love their fireplaces and chimneys and prefer those with high workmanship specially the ones made from red brick. As with everything in your life, chimneys need maintenance and repairs. At Omega Masonry this is what we do! We have been doing fireplaces repairs and builds for many years. However, in the last few years we have focus in delivering the best brick and stone chimney maintenance and repairs you can find in Balch Springs, Texas. If quality is what you expect contact the professionals at Omega Masonry. After all, you would not want an apprenticed working on your fireplace or chimney?
If you are looking for your run of the mill chimney repair company in Balch Springs, TX, you can go to Craigslist and get one of the many listings with an unproven record maintaining brick or stone fireplaces or you can contact Omega Masonry to get the job done right! Unlike other masonry type jobs maintaining natural stone chimneys requires workmanship you just cannot learn in school. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master craftman and developed over many years. When you hire Omega you are hiring a professional masonry outfit with extensive knowledgskills in repairing brick chimneys. You have no idea, how many times we get call to a property because the homeowner is not satisfied with the work and in some the job was not completed. Today homeowners have become too reliant on Bing as a source of information. The majority if times it is the thing to do! But when searching for expert mason to build your natural stone fireplace and or chimney it litter bit of extra research may be prudent to identify the firm with the best workmanship. We hope and look forward restoring your fireplace. On the other hand if you are just looking for information for a fireplace and or chimney build project take a look our blog.
Benefits of Using Concrete for Your Next Architectural Project
Residential concrete is nothing new – it has been used for centuries and by nearly every culture. As such, it is no surprise that it is still in use today, and a common part of the Texas landscape. From stately residences to downtown businesses, concrete is a great choice for your architectural needs and one that any building project planner should consider.
6 Benefits of Using Concrete for Your Texas Building Project
There are many reasons one might choose to use concrete for a project, and even more reasons to use it in a building or home. If you are trying to decide if concrete is the best choice for your next project, consider these benefits.
- Energy Costs – Choosing to use concrete, or even other forms of masonry such as stucco or brick, means that you will spend less on energy costs. In fact, in some cases, homes with CMU walls can cost as much as 44% less to heat or cool than homes with siding or wood exteriors. This is due in part to concrete providing more insulation than other exterior choices.
- Comfort levels – As mentioned, concrete provides additional insulation for the home, which also means that outside noises are blocked better. In fact, one study found that concrete homes cut down on air filtration by nearly 75% over the levels in a typical frame house. It was also found that noise levels were reduced by more than 80% when compared to stick built homes.
- Pest Proof – The temperatures in Texas can make many different pests seek refuge in a building. However, homes built with concrete walls or foundations are not susceptible to pests such as termites, carpenter ants, or rodents that often make their home in wood-framed homes.
- Fire Resistant- Tests have shown that concrete can withstand temperatures of up to 2,000 degrees F. for as long as 4 hours, while wood-frame homes are destroyed in an hour or less. Because a concrete home is the safest type of home in regards to a fire, your insurance costs are lower.
- Maintenance – Everyone is busy, and having to add things like pressure wash the siding or repaint the house to the To Do list can be virtually eliminated by having concrete walls. Even better, because concrete doesn’t deteriorate, you don’t have to worry about replacing siding.
- Wind Resistant – Like the third house made of bricks in the fairy tale of the three little pigs, concrete homes cannot be knocked down with strong winds. In fact, studies have found that concrete homes can withstand wind speeds of up to 250 miles per hour.
So, what will your next Texas building project be? A new residence? A commercial location? Whatever it is, opting to use concrete is a great choice. If you have any questions about how the advantages of concrete can benefit your specific project, or if you want to schedule a consultation with a masonry pro, contact the pros at Omega Masonry today. We can’t wait to hear from you!
When searching for a chimney repair company in Balch Springs, TX., we understand you have options. All we ask is that before you make your final decision give us a chance to show you what we can do. We also need you to be aware that, we are a full service masonry company offering an array of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Balch Springs, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Balch Springs, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Balch Springs, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Balch Springs, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Balch Springs, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Balch Springs, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Balch Springs, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Balch Springs, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Balch Springs, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Balch Springs, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Balch Springs, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Balch Springs, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Balch Springs, TX.