There are many homes throughout Dallas County, Texas with truly beautiful fireplaces and chimneys. Even though, Dallas County can be quite warm in the summer Texans love their fireplaces and chimneys and prefer those with high workmanship specially the ones made with red brick. As with everything in your home, fireplaces need repairs. At Omega Masonry that is what we do! We have been doing fireplaces and chimneys repairs and builds for many years. But, over the last ten years of so we have focus in delivering the best brick and stone chimney repairs you can find in Dallas County, Texas. If experience is what you expect call the experts at Omega Masonry. After all, you wouldn’t want a rookie working on your fireplace?
If you are searching for an ordinary chimney repair outfit in Dallas County, TX, you can go to Bing.Com and find one of several listings with fake reviews maintaining and repairing brick or stone fireplaces or you can contact Omega Masonry for the best results! Unlike a lot of other masonry type jobs repairing brick fireplaces and chimneys requires skill you just cannot learn in school. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master journeyman and improved over time. When you hire us you are hiring a professional masonry contractor with extensive experience in maintaining and repairing brick fireplaces. You have no idea, the number of times we get call to a property because the homeowner is not satisfied with the finish work and in many the job wasn’t completed. Nowadays homeowners have become too reliant on Ask.Com as a source of information. In many cases it is a good idea! However when looking for professional to repair your brick or stone chimney it litter bit of extra research may be prudent to identify the firm with the best workmanship. We hope and look forward repairing your fireplace and or chimney. On the other hand if you are just looking for information for a chimney restoration project take a look our blog.
8 Reasons to Choose CMU Walls
Why should you opt for CMU walls for your next build? For many business owners in Texas there is no reason not to. After all, concrete masonry units (CMU) are one of the oldest and most reliable building materials available. They are typically made from products such as Portland cement, various aggregates like quartz or stones and water. They can be solid or hollow, and designed with either two or three voids, and come in a wide range of standard shapes. These basic features make CMU walls a popular choice for both business owners and homebuilders alike.
But, there is much more to this centuries old building material that makes it valuable to any construction project. As one writer put it, “Its past is still with us preserved in great wonders of the world. Its present is all around us, the buildings we admire as we travel around America and the world. Its future is limited only by the designer or constructor’s inability to consider a masonry perspective on a challenging assignment.”
As you can see, concrete is a prime candidate for any building project. If you are still trying to determine if CMU should be used for your next Texas building project, consider these advantages.
- Savings on Insurance Costs – Because masonry structures are the best fire resistant product available, and will not bend, melt or burn, most insurance providers will have lower premiums for structures made from brick. This is especially helpful for the business looking to expand, but wanting to save money.
- Minimal Maintenance Costs – A CMU structure requires very little maintenance because masonry does not rust, shatter, warp, dent, buckle, or rot. It typically will not require repainting or heavy cleaning processes.
- Durable – Unlike non-CMU walls, concrete can withstand a great deal of abuse. There have been instances of equipment, tractors, trees and other items hitting CMU walls and causing little to no damage to the structure.
- Quick Installation – Once the blueprints are confirmed and the building permit is granted, the construction can begin. In the event that footings need to be laid, then the CMU can begin next. No lag time, simply build time.
- Soundproof – Want to keep noise levels lower in your home or business? Then CMU walls are the answer.
- Pest Free – Unlike wood, siding, or other choices for construction, concrete structures are not at risk of pest infiltration as what animal or insect wants to eat rock!
- Insulated – Keep energy cost lower with CMU walls. The concrete is not affected by extreme Texas heat or wet and cold, and helps the temperature of your space stay consistent. It even blocks out the effects of the weather, so that your HVAC unit does not work as hard.
- Versatile – CMU walls may be viewed by some as unattractive; however, keep in mind that they can be painted, or if you wish, a variety of exterior siding choices can be added to dress the CMU up more or even hide it altogether.
CMU is a great choice for nearly any building need. It has stood the test of time and will be able to last for many years. No, it is not 100% impervious, and if hit with enough force can be damaged. But, under everyday usage, you can’t go wrong in opting for concrete walls. If you have questions regarding CMU for your TX build, talk to the pros at Omega Masonry today.
When seeking for a fireplace and or chimney repair contractor in Dallas County, TX., we understand you have choices. All we ask is that before you commit to any one company give us the opportunity to show you what we can do. We also need you to know that, we are a full service masonry contractor offering an array of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Dallas County, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Dallas County, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Dallas County, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Dallas County, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Dallas County, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Dallas County, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Dallas County, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Dallas County, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Dallas County, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Dallas County, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Dallas County, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Dallas County, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Dallas County, TX.