If you are one of the many homeowners throughout Highland Village, Texas you probably love your brick fireplace and chimney. Although, Highland Village can be quite warm in the summer Texans love their chimneys and prefer those with high workmanship specially the ones made from stone and or brick . As with everything in your life, fireplaces and chimneys need repairs. At Omega Masonry that is what we do! We have been doing fireplaces and chimneys repairs and builds for many years. But, in the last decade we have specialized in delivering the best brick and stone fireplace and chimney repairs you can find in Highland Village, Texas. If quality is what you expect contact the professionals at Omega. After all, you would not want a rookie working on your chimney?
If you are searching for an average chimney repair outfit in Highland Village, TX, you can go to Google.Com and find one of the numerous listings with less than stellar qualifications maintaining brick fireplaces and chimneys or you can call Omega Masonry for the best results! Unlike a lot of other contruction jobs maintaining natural stone fireplaces requires workmanship you just cannot learn online. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master mason and developed over the years. When you hire us you are hiring an expert masonry contractor with extensive knowledgskills in repairing natural stone fireplaces and chimneys. We can’t tell you, how many times we get call to a property because the owner is not satisfied with the work and in several the work was not completed at all! Today people have become too reliant on Craigslist as a source of information. More often than no it is the thing to do! But when searching for a masonry expert to work your natural stone chimney it litter bit of due deligense may be ideal in order to identify the contractor with the best workmanship. With that said, we look forward restoring your fireplace. On the other hand if you are just looking for info for a chimney build project check out our blog.
Types of Chimney Repairs in Texas
While not every home or business location in the Texas area is built out of brick, many of them do have brick chimneys or fireplaces. And while these decorative, yet functional design elements might not require a large amount of yearly maintenance, they are not design elements that should be ignored. In fact, if chimney maintenance is overlooked, you will eventually find yourself dealing with sometimes rather extensive chimney repairs such as loose bricks, leaning or water seeping into the structure of your home.
Many times the chimney is overlooked when one is making a To Do list of annual jobs that need to be done. After all, we often relegate the chimney to being a passive aspect of a space, and yet it is expected to work properly without any care being given to ensure it will. However, the masonry chimney is a deceptively complex part of a location, with brick mortar, concrete, flue tile, steel, and even cast iron comprising it. Each of these elements can be adversely affected by direct contact with water or water penetration.
Common Chimney Repairs in Texas Due to Water Penetration
Because of water penetration, chimney repairs can be quite extensive and cause a variety of problems like:
- Damage chimney and fireplace elements – From rust doors on the fireplace unit to damaged glass and linings, this water caused chimney repair can take many forms.
- Rotting adjacent wood and ruined wall coverings – Will require additional work beyond chimney repairs.
- Water stained walls and ceiling –These are often indicative of more problematic concerns that can affect the whole structure of the home.
- Clogged clean out area – This can usually be corrected easily and then steps are taken to minimize risk of it occurring again.
- Decayed exterior mortar – Can be due to a flaw in the structural design. When there are cracks on the inside of the chimney, there is also the risk that smoke or even sparks will enter the living space of the home.
- Cracked or deteriorated flue lining system – Never a good thing, and one that typically requires the old piece to be removed and new ones added.
- Leaning or collapsed chimney structure – this is often the result of several problems and can cause many other concerns, such as the chimney totally pulling away from the home.
- Chimney settlement – This chimney repair is manifested through gaps at the fireplace box, hearth, or other components and if ignored, can become a fire hazard. It is recommended that one be cognizant of how much space is between the chimney and the wall of the home. Consider keeping a log of the amount of space – simply measure the distance at least once a year and write it down so you can tell if it has shifted any. If it has, then talk to a Texas mason such as Omega Masonry.
While this list can seem a bit daunting, don’t let the fear of chimney repairs keep you from deciding to have a chimney included in the building of a new home, or keep you from purchasing a home that has a chimney. Each of the problems can be corrected – though it is highly recommended that you don’t delay in having any chimney repairs made as soon as suspect them!
Chimney repairs are part of life, but they don’t have to be extreme problems. By paying attention to the mortar, bricks, and elements of your fireplace, you can minimize the need for chimney repairs. If you have any questions, give the Omega team a call today.
When seeking for a fireplace repair company in Highland Village, TX., we understand you have options. All we ask is that before you commit to any one company give Omega a chance to show you our work. We also need you to be aware that, we are a full service masonry contractor offering an array of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Highland Village, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Highland Village, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Highland Village, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Highland Village, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Highland Village, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Highland Village, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Highland Village, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Highland Village, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Highland Village, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Highland Village, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Highland Village, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Highland Village, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Highland Village, TX.