Many homes throughout Mesquite, Texas, are known for their unique, stone and brick fireplaces and chimneys. Even though, Mesquite can be quite hot almost year around Texans love their fireplaces and chimneys and prefer those with high craftsmanship specially the ones made with red brick. As with everything in your home, fireplaces need maintenance. At Omega Masonry that is what we do! We are well known for our workmanship in the design and restoration of fireplaces. But, in the last few years we have specialized in delivering the best brick and stone chimney maintenance you can find in Mesquite, Texas. If experience is what you expect call the pros at Omega Masonry. After all, you wouldn’t want an apprenticed working on your fireplace?
If you are searching for an ordinary chimney repair outfit in Mesquite, TX, you can go to Bing and get one of the many listings with an unproven record maintaining natural stone fireplaces and chimneys or you can contact Omega Masonry to get the job done right! Unlike many other masonry type jobs repairing brick or stone fireplaces requires skill one can’t learn on YouTube. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master journeyman and developed over time. When you hire Omega you are hiring a professional masonry company with extensive understanding in repairing brick or stone fireplaces. We can’t tell you, the number of times we get call to a home because the homeowner is not satisfied with the finish work and in some the work wasn’t completed at all! Lately homeowners have become too reliant on Bing.Com as a source of information. More often than no it is the thing to do! However when searching for expert mason to repair your brick chimney it litter bit of extra research may be ideal to identify the company with the best workmanship. We hope and look forward to servicing your fireplace and or chimney. On the other hand if you are just looking for information for a fireplace restoration project check out our blog.
Watching Out for Potential Masonry Repairs in Texas
Your home is your retreat from dealing with the stressors of the workday. As such, you need it to be a safe haven. Unfortunately, that is not always the case – especially if your home is in need of repairs. In the Texas area a common architectural need is masonry repairs.
No one likes to think about needing structural repairs to their home, but they are often part of home ownership. However, by being diligent in home maintenance and taking time to do a basic inspection on a regular basis, you can note any small brick repairs, before they become large, expensive problems.
Common Signs of Needed Brick Repairs
While brick is an exterior siding choice that can last for centuries, it does present its own unique concerns. These concerns need not be deterrents for brick, but rather action items that can be repaired by a skilled masonry team.
- Absorption – Water being absorb by the brick. Strange as it might sound, brick is a sponge. Masonry professionals get around this problem by installing brick siding with an air gap between the brick and the wood wall. This approach is referred to as dry potential. However, if the home is older and there is brick that has been exposed to harsh weather, then there is a risk of water-damaged brick. If you aren’t sure of the condition of your brick siding, call in a professional.
- Mortar failure – This is caused when water seeps into the external, and eventually, the interior parts of the building. It can result in structural damage that not only requires restoration, but can be quite expensive if ignored for a long time. If you are unsure about the strength of the mortar, probe it with a screwdriver. If the mortar falls out like sand, then chances are, the mortar is old and needs to be replaced.
- Lintels – The lintel is the steel piece used above windows and doors to add support to the brick above these elements. When you inspect your Texas home watch for any cracking, corrosion, or displacement around the lintels. If you notice anything that seems out of place, have a professional come look at it.
- Cracks – Take time to look for any cracks in the foundation, chimney, brick stairs, or walls. What might seem like just a small crack can quickly become a problem, especially if any moisture seeps into the crack!
- Damaged Bricks – When bricks are not structurally sound, then they are not able to properly support the weight above them. These bricks need to be replaced.
These are just a few causes of brick repairs – especially in older Texas homes. These problems don’t have to mean demolition crew needs to be on standby. Rather, they are indicators of brick repairs that need to be done.
As a Texas homeowner, you know the importance of having a great looking inviting home, so dealing with brick repairs is something that should be addressed sooner rather than later. The team at Omega Masonry knows that you want your home to always look its best. So, whether you need a brick wall repaired or chimney replaced, give us a call today.
When searching for a chimney repair contractor in Mesquite, TX., we are aware that you have choices. All we ask is that before you sign a contract give Omega Masonry the opportunity to show you our work. We also need you to know that, we are a full service masonry contractor offering a wide range of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Mesquite, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Mesquite, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Mesquite, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Mesquite, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Mesquite, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Mesquite, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Mesquite, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Mesquite, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Mesquite, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Mesquite, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Mesquite, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Mesquite, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Mesquite, TX.