Many homes throughout Murphy, Texas, are known for their unique, stone and brick fireplaces and chimneys. Although, Murphy can be quite hot in the summer Texans love their chimneys and prefer those with high workmanship specially the ones made from red brick. As with everything in your life, fireplaces need repairs. At Omega Masonry that is what we do! We have been doing chimneys repairs and builds for many years. However, in the last few years we have specialized in delivering the best brick and stone chimney maintenance you can find in Murphy, Texas. If quality means anything to you call the pros at Omega Masonry. After all, you would not want an apprenticed fixing on your fireplace or chimney?
If you are searching for your run of the mill fireplace repair outfit in Murphy, TX, you can go to Google and get one of the many listings with less than stellar qualifications maintaining brick or stone fireplaces or you can contact Omega Masonry to get the job done right! Unlike many other masonry type jobs maintaining and repairing brick fireplaces requires workmanship one can’t learn in school. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master mason and developed over the years. When you hire us you are hiring an expert masonry company with extensive know-how in maintaining and repairing brick or stone chimneys. You have no idea, how many times we get call to a property because the homeowner is not satisfied with the finish work and in some the job wasn’t completed at all! Lately homeowners have become too reliant on Google.Com as a source of information. The majority if times it is a good idea! But when looking for professional to work your natural stone chimney it litter bit of extra research may be ideal in order to identify the contractor with the best craftmenship. With that said, we look forward restoring your fireplace and or chimney. On the other hand if you are just looking for info for a fireplace and or chimney restoration project visit our blog.
Is Brick Repair Worth it?
If you are considering putting your Texas brick home on the market and want to be sure to get the maximum value out of it, then it is necessary for you to see that any repairs are addressed. The concerns may range from updating a room’s paint job to talking to a Texas masonry professional about repairing any damaged mortar or brickwork.
But, perhaps you are wondering if it is that important to have any brick repairs, also known as tuckpointing, made to your home. After all, those repairs can take time and you want to move to your new home sooner rather than later!
If the question is based on time, then consider how much longer it might take to sell your home if you do not have brick repairs made. The need for brick work could be a deciding factor for a potential buyer. But beyond improving the resale value of your home, consider these other major advantages in having a Texas mason take care of your property’s brick repairs:
- When your masonry work is cracked, you are risking water intrusion and further brick and mortar deterioration. The problem may look minor, but if ignored can result in significant structural damage.
- Although tuckpointing is not necessarily a structural element, it will add strength to your brickwork. Consequently, should you note small cracks or perhaps see that the masonry is not as tight as it once was, having brick repair work done will work as a preventative maintenance and help potential homebuyers recognize that the home has been well cared for – a definite plus when you want to sell your home.
- Repairing damaged masonry work lowers the risk of rodents, as well as small birds, bats, chipmunks or even squirrels, getting into any crevices. After all, while brick homes don’t have to be as concerned about termites, if there are open cracks and crevices ants will make a home there.
- Tuckpointing can minimize or eliminate any damage caused by cracked bricks or masonry.
- If you have a brick chimney where there are cracks or weakened mortar joints, having it repaired will add to the structure and stability.
Don’t wait until bricks are falling out or mortar is missing to have repairs made. When this happens, your only recourse is to tear down the masonry work and start all over. Take action early, so that when you are ready to sell your home, you are able to get top market value.
Having your property’s brick repaired prior to placing it on the market is one of the best things you can do to ensure the sale of your home. It is often a job that takes only a few days, but one that can make the difference between getting the asking price versus than haggling about a much lower one. Don’t sit around waiting to have your home’s brick repairs made. Talk to Omega Masonry of Texas to learn how we can get your property looking its best so you can get the top price for your home.
When seeking for a fireplace and or chimney repair contractor in Murphy, Texas, we are aware that you have choices. All we ask is that before you sign a contract give Omega a chance to show you what we can do. We also need you to be aware that, we are a full service masonry contractor offering an array of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Murphy, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Murphy, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Murphy, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Murphy, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Murphy, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Murphy, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Murphy, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Murphy, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Murphy, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Murphy, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Murphy, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Murphy, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Murphy, TX.