Many homes throughout Richardson, Texas, are known for their unique, stone and brick fireplaces and chimneys. Even though, Richardson can be quite warm in the summer Texans love their fireplaces and prefer those with high craftsmanship specially the ones made from natural stone. As with everything in your house, chimneys need repairs. At Omega Masonry this is what we do! We have been doing fireplaces repairs and builds for many years. However, in the last decade we have specialized in delivering the best brick and stone fireplace repairs you can find in Richardson, Texas. If quality means anything to you contact the experts at Omega Masonry. After all, you wouldn’t want an apprenticed working on your fireplace?
If you are looking for an ordinary chimney repair company in Richardson, TX, you can go to Home Advisor and get one of the numerous listings with an unproven record maintaining natural stone fireplaces or you can call Omega Masonry to get the job done right! Unlike a lot of other contruction jobs maintaining and repairing natural stone fireplaces and chimneys requires skill one can’t learn online. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master journeyman and improved over the years. When you hire Omega you are hiring a master masonry outfit with extensive experience in maintaining brick or stone fireplaces and chimneys. You have no idea, how many times we get call to a home because the owner is not satisfied with the finish work and in some the job wasn’t completed at all! Nowadays homeowners have become too reliant on Angie’s List as a source of information. More often than no it is the thing to do! However when looking for a masonry expert to repair your brick fireplace it litter bit of extra research may be ideal in order to identify the contractor with the best workmanship. With that said, we look forward to servicing your chimney. On the other hand if you are just looking for information for a fireplace and or chimney restoration project check out our blog.
Watching Out for Potential Masonry Repairs in Texas
Your home is your retreat from dealing with the stressors of the workday. As such, you need it to be a safe haven. Unfortunately, that is not always the case – especially if your home is in need of repairs. In the Texas area a common architectural need is masonry repairs.
No one likes to think about needing structural repairs to their home, but they are often part of home ownership. However, by being diligent in home maintenance and taking time to do a basic inspection on a regular basis, you can note any small brick repairs, before they become large, expensive problems.
Common Signs of Needed Brick Repairs
While brick is an exterior siding choice that can last for centuries, it does present its own unique concerns. These concerns need not be deterrents for brick, but rather action items that can be repaired by a skilled masonry team.
- Absorption – Water being absorb by the brick. Strange as it might sound, brick is a sponge. Masonry professionals get around this problem by installing brick siding with an air gap between the brick and the wood wall. This approach is referred to as dry potential. However, if the home is older and there is brick that has been exposed to harsh weather, then there is a risk of water-damaged brick. If you aren’t sure of the condition of your brick siding, call in a professional.
- Mortar failure – This is caused when water seeps into the external, and eventually, the interior parts of the building. It can result in structural damage that not only requires restoration, but can be quite expensive if ignored for a long time. If you are unsure about the strength of the mortar, probe it with a screwdriver. If the mortar falls out like sand, then chances are, the mortar is old and needs to be replaced.
- Lintels – The lintel is the steel piece used above windows and doors to add support to the brick above these elements. When you inspect your Texas home watch for any cracking, corrosion, or displacement around the lintels. If you notice anything that seems out of place, have a professional come look at it.
- Cracks – Take time to look for any cracks in the foundation, chimney, brick stairs, or walls. What might seem like just a small crack can quickly become a problem, especially if any moisture seeps into the crack!
- Damaged Bricks – When bricks are not structurally sound, then they are not able to properly support the weight above them. These bricks need to be replaced.
These are just a few causes of brick repairs – especially in older Texas homes. These problems don’t have to mean demolition crew needs to be on standby. Rather, they are indicators of brick repairs that need to be done.
As a Texas homeowner, you know the importance of having a great looking inviting home, so dealing with brick repairs is something that should be addressed sooner rather than later. The team at Omega Masonry knows that you want your home to always look its best. So, whether you need a brick wall repaired or chimney replaced, give us a call today.
When searching for a fireplace and or chimney repair contractor in Richardson, TX., we know you have options. All we ask is that before you commit to any one company give us the opportunity to show you what we can do. We also need you to be aware that, we are a full service masonry contractor offering a wide range of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Richardson, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Richardson, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Richardson, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Richardson, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Richardson, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Richardson, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Richardson, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Richardson, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Richardson, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Richardson, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Richardson, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Richardson, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Richardson, TX.