Many homes throughout Arlington, Texas, are known for their unique, stone and brick fireplaces and chimneys. Although, Arlington can be quite hot in the summer Texans love their fireplaces and chimneys and prefer those with high workmanship specially the ones made from stone and or brick . As with everything in your house, fireplaces need repairs. At Omega Masonry that is what we do! We have been doing fireplaces repairs and builds for many years. However, over the last ten years of so we have focus in delivering the best brick and stone chimney maintenance you can find in Arlington, Texas. If experience means anything to you call the pros at Omega. After all, you would not want an apprenticed fixing on your fireplace?
If you are searching for your run of the mill fireplace repair contractor in Arlington, TX, you can go to Angie’s List and get one of several listings with fake reviews maintaining and repairing brick fireplaces or you can call Omega for the best results! Unlike other masonry type jobs maintaining natural stone fireplaces and chimneys requires skill one cannot learn in school. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master mason and improved over time. When you hire Omega Masonry you are hiring a professional masonry outfit with extensive know-how in maintaining brick fireplaces. We can’t tell you, the number of times we get call to a property because the owner is not satisfied with the work and in some the job wasn’t completed. Lately homeowners have become too reliant on Craigslist as a source of information. In many cases it is the thing to do! However when searching for a masonry expert to work your brick fireplace it litter bit of extra research may be ideal in order to identify the company with the best craftmenship. With that said, we look forward to servicing your chimney. On the other hand if you are just looking for ideas for a fireplace and or chimney restoration project visit our blog.
Benefits of Using Concrete for Your Next Architectural Project
Residential concrete is nothing new – it has been used for centuries and by nearly every culture. As such, it is no surprise that it is still in use today, and a common part of the Texas landscape. From stately residences to downtown businesses, concrete is a great choice for your architectural needs and one that any building project planner should consider.
6 Benefits of Using Concrete for Your Texas Building Project
There are many reasons one might choose to use concrete for a project, and even more reasons to use it in a building or home. If you are trying to decide if concrete is the best choice for your next project, consider these benefits.
- Energy Costs – Choosing to use concrete, or even other forms of masonry such as stucco or brick, means that you will spend less on energy costs. In fact, in some cases, homes with CMU walls can cost as much as 44% less to heat or cool than homes with siding or wood exteriors. This is due in part to concrete providing more insulation than other exterior choices.
- Comfort levels – As mentioned, concrete provides additional insulation for the home, which also means that outside noises are blocked better. In fact, one study found that concrete homes cut down on air filtration by nearly 75% over the levels in a typical frame house. It was also found that noise levels were reduced by more than 80% when compared to stick built homes.
- Pest Proof – The temperatures in Texas can make many different pests seek refuge in a building. However, homes built with concrete walls or foundations are not susceptible to pests such as termites, carpenter ants, or rodents that often make their home in wood-framed homes.
- Fire Resistant- Tests have shown that concrete can withstand temperatures of up to 2,000 degrees F. for as long as 4 hours, while wood-frame homes are destroyed in an hour or less. Because a concrete home is the safest type of home in regards to a fire, your insurance costs are lower.
- Maintenance – Everyone is busy, and having to add things like pressure wash the siding or repaint the house to the To Do list can be virtually eliminated by having concrete walls. Even better, because concrete doesn’t deteriorate, you don’t have to worry about replacing siding.
- Wind Resistant – Like the third house made of bricks in the fairy tale of the three little pigs, concrete homes cannot be knocked down with strong winds. In fact, studies have found that concrete homes can withstand wind speeds of up to 250 miles per hour.
So, what will your next Texas building project be? A new residence? A commercial location? Whatever it is, opting to use concrete is a great choice. If you have any questions about how the advantages of concrete can benefit your specific project, or if you want to schedule a consultation with a masonry pro, contact the pros at Omega Masonry today. We can’t wait to hear from you!
When seeking for a fireplace repair company in Arlington, Texas, we understand you have choices. All we ask is that before you make your final decision give Omega Masonry the opportunity to show you our work. We also need you to be aware that, we are a full service masonry contractor offering an array of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Arlington, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Arlington, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Arlington, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Arlington, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Arlington, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Arlington, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Arlington, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Arlington, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Arlington, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Arlington, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Arlington, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Arlington, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Arlington, TX.