If you are one of the many homeowners throughout Flower Mound, Texas you probably love your brick fireplace and chimney. Although, Flower Mound can be quite warm almost year around Texans love their fireplaces and prefer those with high workmanship specially the ones made from natural stone. As with everything in your home, fireplaces and chimneys need maintenance. At Omega Masonry this is what we do! We have been doing fireplaces and chimneys repairs and builds for many years. But, over the last ten years of so we have focus in delivering the best brick and stone fireplace repairs you can find in Flower Mound, Texas. If experience means anything to you call the pros at Omega Masonry. After all, you would not want an apprenticed working on your fireplace or chimney?
If you are looking for an ordinary fireplace and chimney repair contractor in Flower Mound, TX, you can go to Angie’s List and find one of several listings with less than stellar qualifications maintaining brick or stone fireplaces or you can call Omega for a professional job you will love! Unlike other masonry type jobs maintaining and repairing brick chimneys requires skill one can’t learn in school. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master craftman and developed over the years. When you hire Omega you are hiring a professional masonry firm with extensive knowledgskills in repairing brick or stone chimneys. We can’t tell you, how many times we get call to a property because the owner is not satisfied with the work and in some the job wasn’t completed. Lately homeowners have become too reliant on Yelp as a source of information. The majority if times it works! But when looking for professional to repair your brick fireplace and or chimney it litter bit of due deligense may be prudent to identify the contractor with the best craftmenship. We hope and look forward repairing your fireplace. On the other hand if you are just looking for info for a fireplace and or chimney restoration project visit our blog.
Types of Chimney Repairs in Texas
While not every home or business location in the Texas area is built out of brick, many of them do have brick chimneys or fireplaces. And while these decorative, yet functional design elements might not require a large amount of yearly maintenance, they are not design elements that should be ignored. In fact, if chimney maintenance is overlooked, you will eventually find yourself dealing with sometimes rather extensive chimney repairs such as loose bricks, leaning or water seeping into the structure of your home.
Many times the chimney is overlooked when one is making a To Do list of annual jobs that need to be done. After all, we often relegate the chimney to being a passive aspect of a space, and yet it is expected to work properly without any care being given to ensure it will. However, the masonry chimney is a deceptively complex part of a location, with brick mortar, concrete, flue tile, steel, and even cast iron comprising it. Each of these elements can be adversely affected by direct contact with water or water penetration.
Common Chimney Repairs in Texas Due to Water Penetration
Because of water penetration, chimney repairs can be quite extensive and cause a variety of problems like:
- Damage chimney and fireplace elements – From rust doors on the fireplace unit to damaged glass and linings, this water caused chimney repair can take many forms.
- Rotting adjacent wood and ruined wall coverings – Will require additional work beyond chimney repairs.
- Water stained walls and ceiling –These are often indicative of more problematic concerns that can affect the whole structure of the home.
- Clogged clean out area – This can usually be corrected easily and then steps are taken to minimize risk of it occurring again.
- Decayed exterior mortar – Can be due to a flaw in the structural design. When there are cracks on the inside of the chimney, there is also the risk that smoke or even sparks will enter the living space of the home.
- Cracked or deteriorated flue lining system – Never a good thing, and one that typically requires the old piece to be removed and new ones added.
- Leaning or collapsed chimney structure – this is often the result of several problems and can cause many other concerns, such as the chimney totally pulling away from the home.
- Chimney settlement – This chimney repair is manifested through gaps at the fireplace box, hearth, or other components and if ignored, can become a fire hazard. It is recommended that one be cognizant of how much space is between the chimney and the wall of the home. Consider keeping a log of the amount of space – simply measure the distance at least once a year and write it down so you can tell if it has shifted any. If it has, then talk to a Texas mason such as Omega Masonry.
While this list can seem a bit daunting, don’t let the fear of chimney repairs keep you from deciding to have a chimney included in the building of a new home, or keep you from purchasing a home that has a chimney. Each of the problems can be corrected – though it is highly recommended that you don’t delay in having any chimney repairs made as soon as suspect them!
Chimney repairs are part of life, but they don’t have to be extreme problems. By paying attention to the mortar, bricks, and elements of your fireplace, you can minimize the need for chimney repairs. If you have any questions, give the Omega team a call today.
When searching for a fireplace and or chimney repair contractor in Flower Mound, Texas, we know you have options. All we ask is that before you make your final decision give Omega a chance to show you our work. We also need you to be aware that, we are a full service masonry company offering an array of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in Flower Mound, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in Flower Mound, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in Flower Mound, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in Flower Mound, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in Flower Mound, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in Flower Mound, TX.
- Brick Masonry in Flower Mound, TX.
- Stone Masonry in Flower Mound, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in Flower Mound, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in Flower Mound, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in Flower Mound, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in Flower Mound, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in Flower Mound, TX.