Many homes throughout McKinney, Texas, are known for their unique, stone and brick fireplaces and chimneys. Although, McKinney can be quite warm almost year around Texans love their chimneys and prefer those with high workmanship specially the ones made with stone and or brick . As with everything in your home, fireplaces and chimneys need maintenance and repairs. At Omega Masonry this is what we do! We have been doing chimneys repairs and builds for many years. But, over the last ten years of so we have focus in delivering the best brick and stone fireplace maintenance you can find in McKinney, Texas. If quality is what you expect contact the experts at Omega. After all, you wouldn’t want an apprenticed fixing on your fireplace?
If you are looking for an average chimney repair company in McKinney, TX, you can go to Yelp and find one of the numerous listings with fake reviews maintaining natural stone chimneys or you can call Omega to get the job done right! Unlike a lot of other contruction jobs repairing brick or stone fireplaces and chimneys requires skill one cannot learn on YouTube. This type of skill set is learned on the job next to a master craftman and developed over the years. When you hire Omega you are hiring a professional masonry firm with extensive know-how in maintaining brick fireplaces. We can’t tell you, how many times we get call to a home because the owner is not satisfied with the work and in many the work was not completed. Lately homeowners have become too reliant on Home Advisor as a source of information. In many cases it is the thing to do! But when looking for professional to build your natural stone fireplace and or chimney it litter bit of extra research may be ideal to identify the company with the best skills. With that said, we look forward repairing your chimney. On the other hand if you are just looking for information for a fireplace and or chimney build project check out our blog.
Benefits of Using Concrete for Your Next Architectural Project
Residential concrete is nothing new – it has been used for centuries and by nearly every culture. As such, it is no surprise that it is still in use today, and a common part of the Texas landscape. From stately residences to downtown businesses, concrete is a great choice for your architectural needs and one that any building project planner should consider.
6 Benefits of Using Concrete for Your Texas Building Project
There are many reasons one might choose to use concrete for a project, and even more reasons to use it in a building or home. If you are trying to decide if concrete is the best choice for your next project, consider these benefits.
- Energy Costs – Choosing to use concrete, or even other forms of masonry such as stucco or brick, means that you will spend less on energy costs. In fact, in some cases, homes with CMU walls can cost as much as 44% less to heat or cool than homes with siding or wood exteriors. This is due in part to concrete providing more insulation than other exterior choices.
- Comfort levels – As mentioned, concrete provides additional insulation for the home, which also means that outside noises are blocked better. In fact, one study found that concrete homes cut down on air filtration by nearly 75% over the levels in a typical frame house. It was also found that noise levels were reduced by more than 80% when compared to stick built homes.
- Pest Proof – The temperatures in Texas can make many different pests seek refuge in a building. However, homes built with concrete walls or foundations are not susceptible to pests such as termites, carpenter ants, or rodents that often make their home in wood-framed homes.
- Fire Resistant- Tests have shown that concrete can withstand temperatures of up to 2,000 degrees F. for as long as 4 hours, while wood-frame homes are destroyed in an hour or less. Because a concrete home is the safest type of home in regards to a fire, your insurance costs are lower.
- Maintenance – Everyone is busy, and having to add things like pressure wash the siding or repaint the house to the To Do list can be virtually eliminated by having concrete walls. Even better, because concrete doesn’t deteriorate, you don’t have to worry about replacing siding.
- Wind Resistant – Like the third house made of bricks in the fairy tale of the three little pigs, concrete homes cannot be knocked down with strong winds. In fact, studies have found that concrete homes can withstand wind speeds of up to 250 miles per hour.
So, what will your next Texas building project be? A new residence? A commercial location? Whatever it is, opting to use concrete is a great choice. If you have any questions about how the advantages of concrete can benefit your specific project, or if you want to schedule a consultation with a masonry pro, contact the pros at Omega Masonry today. We can’t wait to hear from you!
When seeking for a chimney repair contractor in McKinney, TX., we understand you have choices. All we ask is that before you commit to any one company give Omega Masonry the opportunity to show you what we can do. We also need you to know that, we are a full service masonry company offering an array of services.
- Outdoor Fireplace Builder in McKinney, TX.
- Fire Pits Installation in McKinney, TX.
- Outdoor Grills Installation in McKinney, TX.
- BBQ Pit Installation in McKinney, TX.
- Built in Grills Contractor in McKinney, TX.
- Outdoor Kitchen Builder in McKinney, TX.
- Brick Masonry in McKinney, TX.
- Stone Masonry in McKinney, TX.
- Retaining Wall Repair in McKinney, TX.
- Hardscapes Design in McKinney, TX.
- Stone Landscape Borders in McKinney, TX.
- Stone & Brick Patios in McKinney, TX.
- Stucco Work & Repairs in McKinney, TX.