There are many ways people opt to add personality to their Texas home or business. From tinted stucco to custom concrete mailboxes, the choices are endless, and guaranteed to help you stand out from the crowd. But perhaps one of the unsung leaders is the use stamped concrete.
Stamped concrete is a patterned concrete that is achieved by pouring concrete on a strong compacted base of sand or gravel, then using assorted molds and tools to create custom designs. It is ideal for driveways, walkways and patios –whether as an outdoor kitchen floor or as a decorative feature to an otherwise boring concrete slab poured around the perimeter of a pool- and offers a beautiful alternative to brick, stone or slate.
Advantages of Stamped Concrete in Texas
When looking for ways to beautify your home or business, without adding a great deal of upkeep to your To Do list, stamped concrete is an excellent choice, for many reasons. Here are just a few of them:
- Stamped concrete is considerably less expensive than using items such as pavers, slate or stone as it doesn’t require as much installation labor and the concrete itself is less costly.
- Stamped concrete is very low maintenance. Yes, it will need to be resealed every couple of years, but other than, your only job will be to sweep it to keep it free from dust or debris.
- Stamped concrete is poured at your location, which means that there is a plethora of pattern, shape, and color choices. The concrete can be tinted to match the exterior of your home, your pool lining, existing concrete, or anything else, and the stamped design choice list is a long one. You can even have it designed to look as though it has been a part of your property for decades, or have a personalized patterned created that shows off your style or business.
- Stamped concrete is one of the quickest types of patios to install. Once it is completed, it will need a few days to cure, then you are able to begin using it.
- Stamped concrete will last for years. It will not sink unevenly, can handle heavy traffic, and will not be marred by patio furniture.
- Because there are no cracks in stamped concrete, you won’t have to be concerned about unwanted plants growing up through your design.
- When using stamped concrete around a pool area or a place where it will be walked upon while wet, you can have an additive included in the sealant applied to keep it from being slippery. Also, you can choose to have a sealer that gives it either a glossy or a matte appearance.
So ask yourself, “Does my Texas location need an updated look?” If the answer is, “yes” then consider adding a stamped concrete patio and creating a custom look that shows off who you are. As concrete professionals with years of experience, the Omega Masonry crew can take that basic patio space and turn it into a work of art that you will always be thrilled to show off. Don’t hesitate to put your own mark on your property, give us a call today to schedule an appointment to learn more about creating a custom stamped concrete element to your location.