As Texans, we are all aware of the value of friendship and hospitality – after all, it’s the Southern way. We love having friends over for some Texas BBQ, sitting outdoors and enjoying a cool evening, and sharing time together on the patio or around the pool. However, with this friendliness also comes the need for our space. It is then that the adage gleaned from American poet Robert Frost, “Good fences make good neighbors” comes into play. Your family deserves a well-crafted fence to protect their privacy.
Of course, there are many types of fence materials used in, Texas, but some favorites are stone and stucco. These fence materials are chosen for their durability as well as for their beauty, and can be installed much quicker than one might imagine.
Benefits of a Masonry Fence for Your Texas Landscape
Whether you are into gardening and want a decorative element for your natural area or simply want to enclose your Texas property to provide some privacy, a masonry fence is a practical choice. In fact, there are many reasons to talk to a masonry expert about your fencing needs. Here are just a few of them.
- Variety – When it comes to masonry fences in Texas there are four main types – brick, stucco, concrete and stone. Each of them has their uses and can be implemented in a way that compliments your home’s architecture and the lay of your land. Regardless of your choice, we are certain to have the skill needed and products available to create your design.
- Privacy – Let’s face it, no matter how much you may love your neighborhood, there are times you need some privacy. A masonry fence will help you achieve this, yet still work with your landscape.
- Pets – Keep your pets in your yard, while ensuring other animals do not get in.
- Barrier – Masonry fences offer protection against noise, as well as any headlights from oncoming traffic in your neighborhood.
- Security – Depending on how high you choose for your masonry wall to be, having a stone, brick or stucco fence adds another measure of security against potential intruders.
- Value – A masonry fence adds resale value to your property.
- Installation and Maintenance – A masonry fence can be installed much quicker than you might think, though the length of time needed depends on the height, length and type of material chosen. In addition, a masonry fence requires little to no maintenance, making a masonry fence a cost effective choice, as well.
- Pest free – Unlike a wooden fence, masonry fences are not at risk of termite infestation; also, they are resistant to fire.
A stone or stucco fence is a great way to add an outdoor design element to your home. It will last for years, boost your property value, and help you maintain those good neighborhood relations. So don’t just think about having a stucco or stone fence built, talk to the Omega Masonry pros today and get started on your next masonry project.