To enhance your Texas landscape there are many actions you may take. These may include adding assorted flower gardens, a masonry mailbox, an outdoor kitchen or perhaps a masonry retaining wall designed to complement your home. Each of these elements will add beauty and value to your home, so there is really no “wrong” choice. However, if you have a yard where erosion is a problem, or perhaps you want to create an attractive permanent border, then a brick retaining wall is a perfect choice.
Benefits of a Masonry Retaining Wall for your Texas Home
While there are a variety of material choices for designing a brick retaining wall, perhaps one of the most popular is brick. But why is that? Here are some of the most common reasons Texas residents choose to have brick retaining walls:
- Availability -Bricks are easy to obtain and budget-friendly. When you opt for a brick retaining wall, we can easily find a color and size that suits your style and enhances your property’s appearance.
- Variety – You aren’t locked into one type or color of brick for the wall. You can choose average size bricks or larger ones, depending on the how large the wall be or what type of masonry exterior your home already has. Yet, even with the variety in size, you can count on all of a particular type being uninformed. You will also find that not every brick has the same pattern or texture. You can find bricks that have a range of “looks” such as country, rustic, modern, primitive and several other designs.
- Support – A masonry retaining wall provides support and resistance to erosion because it helps keep the soil in place, even when there has been a great deal of rain.
- Prevents Sinkholes – Because the brick retaining walls will keep soil from eroding, there are fewer holes or dirt piles in your yard making it safer for walking across your yard and your property more attractive to a prospective buyer.
- Decorative – Planning to have an outdoor kitchen or patio added to your landscape? Then consider having a retaining wall to add to the design while lending additional structural support.
- Lasting – Brick retaining walls can last for decades, as they are not susceptible to bugs, rotting, or fire. And, in the event that the wall gets damaged by a storm or vehicular accident, they can be easily restored.
Masonry retaining walls are one of the best features you can add to your Texas property. If you are considering a retaining wall for your space, don’t hesitate or settle for a mediocre result. Talk to the pros at Omega Masonry and let us help you determine what type of wall will best suit your budget, style, and location. Our masons are experts in their field. They offer quality services at the best prices around. If you are interested in masonry brick repair, contact us today. We can’t wait to hear from you!