Custom Fireplaces & Fire Pits Design & Installation
Why Install Outdoor Fireplaces Or Outdoor Fire Pits?
There’s nothing quite as relaxing as sitting outside around custom built outdoor fireplaces or fire pit and watching the stars and perhaps roasting marshmallows for smores. After all, sitting around a fire relaxing, engaging in conversation or just meditating has been part of life since the very beginning.
In recent years, the decision to have outdoor fireplaces that are the focal part of one’s landscape has become quite popular in Texas and beyond. These spaces offer homeowners more room for entertaining without needing to have all their friends inside their home, and when combined with an outdoor kitchen, the outdoor fireplace becomes The Space for some awesome memory making.
What Makes an Outdoor Stone Fireplace or Fire Pit so Great?
Texas is perfect for outdoor stone fireplaces and fire pits because of the great year-round climate. Yes, it gets hot, but that doesn’t negate the pleasure of relaxing around an outdoor fireplace with a bowl of ice cream or a glass of wine! But there are other reasons homeowners are deciding to have an outside fireplace whether it’s a modern style fireplace or a classic wooden fire pit. Consider these:
- The ability to extend summer further into the year, or to get outside earlier in the spring. After all, just because those cooler temperatures begin to show up, it doesn’t have mean evenings outside in the back yard is over.
- They add a unique architectural element to your yard. Rather than a standard yard with nothing to offer the eye, a stone fireplace or even a red brick chimney adds interest – this is especially nice if you think you might sell your North Texas home later on!
- Typically, one does not just add a fireplace; there is often a patio or partially enclosed room that provides more entertainment space. Often, people will have televisions, stereo systems, and other elements included which make the outside brick fireplace area the favorite place to play.
- For most areas, outdoor fireplaces the only way to have an outside fire on your property. This is especially true if you live within the city limits where you cannot have an outdoor fire unless it is enclosed or contained.
- A fireplace does a good job of blocking any winds, and on a more personal level, will also provide added privacy. The amount of privacy will vary based on the size of your outside stone fireplace.
- You can make the heart as wide or narrow as you would like, so you can create a great deal of outside landscape design in Plano Texas.
- You have several choices as a heat source – from real wood to gas logs, fireplace inserts and others, you can choose the heat feature that meets your needs.
Types of Outdoor Fireplaces & Fire Pits
Outdoor fireplaces and fire pits are similar in design to their indoor counterparts, complete with a firebox, flue, chimney, and hearth. They can be gas or wood burning and can withstand nearly any type of weather. Gas is considered the safer of the two options as you can control the levels of heat; however, you must have gas lines that run where your outdoor fireplace is to be installed. For wood burning outdoor fireplaces, many people opt for a Chimenea. The Chimenea can be made from either wood or metal and have a front loading oven with a chimney or a smoke vent. The biggest concern with a Chimenea is that the outside of the unit can become extremely hot.
Outdoor fireplaces are the perfect addition to any backyard space. To learn more about having an outdoor fireplace installed at your home, contact the pros at Omega Masonry at 214-997-4628 or connect with us on our contact page.